£20,000 + Overtime
The Burford Recruitment Company are seeking an experienced and capable Driver to work for a large successful company based in Milton Park.
You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a company vehicle and to assist in providing a professional delivery and collection service to the customers or branches as necessary. Health and safety awareness is critical and you will be required to make sure that the vehicle is loaded correctly and the supporting paperwork is carried at all times as well as ensuring the vehicle is driven to standards laid down by the Road Transport/Traffic Legislation, and Company instructions.
Often being the first point of contact for customers and branches it is key that you greet and meet with a positive can do attitude reinforcing the ‘Best in Town’ principles.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for the correct and safe operation of all mechanical equipment fitted to the vehicle
- To maintain a good knowledge of products and materials and to seek opportunities to add to branch sales when out on deliveries
- To maintain start of day maintenance checks
- Identification and reporting of damaged stock through the correct procedure
- Completion of daily sheets for MHE
The successful candidate will hold an appropriate driving licence, be a good communicator and be able to work as part of a team or on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
Previous experience in a similar role as well as experience in the operation of HIAB/Tail lift equipment or Vehicle mounted FLT’s would be an advantage
Benefits of the role include:
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7am -4pm with 1 hour for lunch.
- £20,000 salary
- Overtime available.
If this busy and varied role sounds ideal for you, please apply attaching your up to date CV